Varanasi tour from Delhi - a culinary wonder and place of salvation
Varanasi (Benares, Kashi) is the oldest living city in the world. It lies on the south of Uttar Pradesh, on the banks of holy River Ganges.It is one of the the most sought after pilgrimage town for Hindus. It is believed, if anyone dies in Varanasi, they attain salvation and freedom from the cycle of birth and rebirth. Whether it is the Ghats of Varanasi or the mesmerizing Ganga Aarti, Varanasi is the ultimate salvation. Sarnath, 10km from Varanasi, is one of the most revered Buddhist pilgrimage centers. After attaining the Enlightenment at Bodh Gaya, it was here that Lord Buddha preached his first sermon, sanctified as Maha Dharm Chakra Pravartan. The great Dhamekh Stupa and several other structures stand testimony to the importance the place enjoyed at that time.
What is included in the tour
- 2 nights at Guleria Kothi or Suryuoday Haweli / similar or similar, Varanasi
- Evening Aarti on shared boat
- City tour of Varanasi and Saranath
- Breakfasts and Dinners for all days (starting from dinner on day of arrival and ending with breakfast on last day)
- A/C car or coach as per no. of pax and itinerary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights & Visa assistance (optional)
- Entrance fees and ticketed entries to parks, activities, excursions etc.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips and porterage.
- Personal expenses during the trip.
- Any item that is not indicated in the above program.
- All extra services.
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Any additional costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Best of Varanasi covered at a relaxed pace in 2 Nights & 3 Days. Travel is planned in a manner that you will be able to soak in the spirit of the place, cover all attractions and relax too.
- From sightseeing to transfers, we have taken care of everything so all you need to is ENJOY.
- Best price guarantee – Despite of premium inclusions, we are offering you the tour at a significant discount to Major Travel Portals.
- All hotels have been carefully selected to be in the heart of the City so that you can enjoy long walks at leisure.
Day 1: Delhi to Varanasi:
Head for Varanasi by high speed train or flight as per your budget. Stay in a wonderful Ganga facing resort and breath in the fresh air of the place. In the evening, we will take you for a boat ride on the Ganges and at the end watch the divine Aarti on the Ghat, revered by tourists the world over.
Day 2: Varanasi and Sarnath Sightseeing:
Post breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel of stay in Varanasi at the designated time for Sarnath and Varanasi sightseeing. We will first take you to Sarnath. Sarnath is located about 13 kms from Varanasi city centre. Sarnath, one of the four Buddhist pilgrimages, is the place where Gautam Buddha delivered his first sermon. Sarnath at present is visited for watching the remains of Buddhist monastery of 300 BCE, exploring Sarnath Museum and doing darshana in Buddhist temples of various nationalities. In the afternoon, we will do a Culinary tour of the Varanasi local cuisines and continue on to Sankat Mochan temple and Kashi Vishwanath temple.
Day 3: Varanasi to Delhi:
After having spent a splendid three nights in the city of Ganges, we will transfer you to the Varanasi airport / railway station for your flight back to Delhi. Carry home wonderful memories of the tour.