A trip to Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a famous tourists destination which attracts travelers from all over the globe. Famous for its historical evolutions, spectacular beaches, diverse forests, breathtaking tea plantations, architecturally sound temples etc Srilanka is a place which should not miss from your bucket list. If you are looking for International destination. You can get best deals on India to Sri Lanka tour packages.
Srilanka Tour Packages from India
There are various packages available by which you can visit the island at an affordable price. Sri Lanka Tour Packages from India includes round trips in flights, stay at decent hotels and exploring the famous spots of Sri Lanka at reasonable packages. You can select any of those packages and make your vacation an exciting one.
Places to Visit
1. Sigiriya: Located in the Matale district if Srilanka, this famous rock fortress and place is a UNESCO World Heritage site. tourists can climb up the rock and witness the beautiful gardens, ancients, ruins, painted walls and ponds surrounding it.
2. Adam’s Peak: The 2243 metres tall mountain is a famous religious place of the Buddhists which is famous for containing the footprints of Lord Buddha at its peak. Experiencing sunrise from the mountain peak is one of the best things you can witness in Sri Lanka tour packages from India customised by Goganges.
3. Galle: This spectacular city , also a famous UNESCO world heritage site is made up of villas and mansions of the Dutch age and offers great views of the sea. You can also visit natural harbor, St Mary’s Cathedral and the Galle International Stadium here.
4. Yala National Park: One of the most visited national parks of Asia, it consists of a variety of Leopards, elephants , aquatic birds, monkeys, crocodiles etc . The animals can be seen running around or relaxing in the grassy terrains of the park.
5. Polonnaruwa: This Srilankan town consists of remnants of ancient tombs, temples and statues of ancient times. This famous World Heritage Site was the Srilankan capital and a well known religious and commercial centre of Sri Lanka.
6. Bentota: This is a well known beach town of Sri Lanka, dotted with beaches and luxurious hotel. You can visit the famous Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery or the Galapatha Raja Maha Vihara Buddhist located here or involve in hardcore water activities in the beaches like helicopter rides in water. You must include this place in our India to Sri Lanka tour packages.
7. Kandy: The largest Srilankan city and a famous World Heritage Site, Kandy is located on a highland. This place is famous for its Sinhalese culture and Esala Perahera festival that occurs in the summer months.
8. Nuwara Eliya: This is also a famous Sri Lankan town located on a highland which has an English look due to the presence of colonial mansions like Queen’s Cottage and the General’s House. This is a famous place for production of tea in Sri Lanka. The tallest mountain in Sri Lanka, Pidurutalagala is also located in this town.
9. Arugam Bay: This is a famous beach resort of Sri Lanka and a favourite destination for surfers . Apart from the exotic beaches you can also witness the famous Kumana National Park located here.
10. Dambulla: This is a famous complex of cave temples in Sri Lanka consisting of five cave temples which are made up of Buddhist architecturally designed shrines, idols and statues. It consists of more than 150 statues of Buddha depicting various stages of his life and also idols of other Srilankan Gods and Goddesses.
11. Mirissa: This is a picturesque, serene and quiet beachside village of Sri Lanka which is still unknown to a lot of tourists. You can witness the quietness of nature and the beauty of the sea here and if lucky can also witness some whales and dolphins.
12. Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage: This is a home to plenty of elephants of all ages who have lost their parents and group and was left alone in the forest. Watching the baby elephants taking bath is a sight you will not want to miss.
13.Colombo: The present capital and one of the most happening cities of Sri Lanka, this town is dotted with restaurants, cafes , hotels and shopping destinations.
14.Anuradhapura: This mysterious place contains dense forests which were uninhabited for many years. Visiting the three main dagobas and Shri Maha Bodhi tree are something you will not want to miss. It is believed that the Shri Maha Bodhi tree is a cutting of the original Bodhi tree under which Buddha got enlightenment.
Since Srilanka is closest to India, it is a favorite holiday destination of the Indians. India to Sri Lanka Tour Packages is one of the most availed packages of the recent times. If you think you have visited enough beaches and mountains in India, and want to visit a different place, Sri Lanka will not fail to surprise you. It is the perfect blend of history, heritage, culture, art, and craft amidst modern and contemporary lifestyle which will fascinate every travel freak.
What is included in the tour
- International Flights
- Indian City (New Delhi, Mumbai etc.) to Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to Indian City (New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai etc.)
- 4 nights stay in Double standard room.
- Breakfast at hotel.
- All major sight - seeing tours as per itinerary.
- Cost of Travel Insurance.
- Breakfast for all days (except day of arrival).
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost of visa (For Indian citizens, Visa is on arrival at Sri Lanka airport; fees to be paid directly by travelers)
- Portages at hotels, airport and Sea Port.
- Tips for the driver, local guide, all meals inside & outside of hotels.
- Water & drinks during meals.
- Personal expenses during the trip
- Any item that is not indicated in the above program.
- All extra services.
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any additional costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Cherry picked hotel for 4 Nights with Breakfast. Travel is planned in a manner that you will be able to soak in the spirit of the place, cover all attractions and relax too.
- From sightseeing to transfers, we have taken care of everything so all you need to is ENJOY.
- Best price guarantee- Despite of premium inclusions, we are offering you the tour at a significant discount to Major Travel Portals.
- All hotels have been carefully selected to be in the heart of the City so that you can enjoy long romantic walks at leisure.
Day - 1: Kandy. Airport – Pinnawala – Kandy
- Approx: 3 ½ hrs journey
- There are most attractive places such as KandyTemple (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic- Sri Lanka Dalada Maligawa in Kandy is the most prominent and sacred Buddhist shrine in Sri Lanka, even in the world.This historic temple houses one of the tooth relic ofLoad Buddha), Gem museum, Kandy art museum,Kandy lake round, it is a very beautiful place for photo shooting.
- Also guests can enjoy with cultural show inKandy. The cultural show is famous among tourists to the hill capital, Kandy. The show is performed in the evening and runs for approximately one hour,during which the spectators are held spellbound by the colourful acts on show. Sri Lankan drummers exhibit their skills, and divers forms of dance can be witnessed, all executed with skill and enthusiasm.
- Dinner & overnight stay in Kandy
- Sightseeing: Royal Botanical garden/ Temple of the sacred tooth relic / cultural show. Entrance fees NOT included
Day – 2: Nuwara. EliyaKandy – Nuwareliya
- Approx: 2 ½ hours journey
- Breakfast at hotel
- During the city tour in Nuwara Eliya you will visit the main attractions of the town which include the golf course, trout streams, Victoria Park, and boating or fishing on Lake Gregory.
- You can also visit a working tea factory where the slow-growing tea bushes of this highland region produce some of the world's finest Orange Pekoe tea. You can also visit St. Claire's waterfall and Haggala Gardens.
- Haggala is a temperate hill-country garden where languid low-country lotus and water lily float in their serene loveliness.
- Dinner & overnight stay in Nuwaraeliya
- Sightseeing Ramboda Sri Hanuman Temple/ Gayathri Peedam/Seetha Amman Temple / Ashoka Vatika. Entrance fees NOT included
Day – 3: Bentota. Nuwaraeliya – Bentota – Approx : 5 hours Remarks
- Breakfast at hotel
- Bentota is the city of the Golden Beaches. You will be able to relax and feel the spirit of the sea and the warmth of the soft sand.
- Another special place is the Madu River. Guests can enjoy with madu river boat safari. Madu River is a paradise of nature. A beautiful river mixed with sea water. The both banks of the river covered with mangroves and Species of various plants. You can see beautiful small islands spread over the area.
- Dinner & overnight stay in Bentota
- Sightseeing: Bentota City Tour - Entrance fees NOT included
Day – 4: Colombo. Bentota – Colombo
- Approx: 2 ½ hours
- Breakfast at hotel
- While on your city tour in Colombo you may visit famous places including Galle Face Green,the Vihara mahadevi Park, National Museum,Twin World Trade Center towers, Old Parliament Building, Fort district, Independence Hall at Independence Square, and prominent Buddhist, Hindu, Islam and Christian places of worship. For shopping, you may visit Odel, House of Fashion, Beverly Street, Majestic City, Noritake, etc.
- Dinner & overnight stay in Colombo
- Sightseeing National Museum / Gangarama temple( including above mentioned attractions ). Entrance fees NOT included
Day – 5: Departure Colombo – Airport
- Approx: 1 hour
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Transfer from Colombo to Airport.