Somatheeram Ayurveda Group is regarded as the trailblazer of Ayurveda tourism and the premier provider of authentic experiences of this ancient form of medicine in India . The group's first resort, the Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort in Chowara in the south of the Indian state of Kerala, was established back in 1985 and was the first successful realisation of a medical wellness concept in the sphere of Ayurveda. In addition to Somatheeram, the group's portfolio includes the sister resort Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village (also in Chowara) .
Location of Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort : Chowara Beach on a hillock 9 km south of the famous Kovalam Beach, Kerala with greenery all around. The essence and soul of Somatheeram is the ancient medical science of Ayurveda and Art of Yoga & Meditation.
In the blissfully peaceful environment of Somatheeram & Soma Manaltheeram Ayurveda resort one can benefit from traditional Ayurvedic therapies for the curative and preventive treatments of body, mind and soul as well as the ancient art of Yoga & Meditation. A divine experience awaits you at this world's first Ayurvedic Beach Resort, the best place to get some peace and quiet, enjoy the scenery, feel the sea breeze, take a long walk, get a good tan, make sand castles and in general, be happy.
Fact File :
|Location||:||Trivandrum, Kerala, India (9 km south of Kovalam Beach)|
|Accommodation||:||Standard Rooms, Cottages and Kerala Houses (A.C. and non A.C.)|
|Nearest International Airport||:||Trivandrum (21 kms)|
- The First and only Ayurveda Wellness Resort Honoured with "HALL OF FAME" by Government of India.
- Accredited with NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care providers. Also, it is accredited with Green Leaf (Government of Kerala), HACCP - Food safety (British standard institute - UK) and Ayurveda SPA Europe certificate (European Audit Institute Wellness & SPS e.V. - Germany).
- World's first Ayurveda Resort and the only one in India with Ayurveda SPA Europe certificate (European Audit Institute Wellness & SPS e.V. - Germany).
- Four times been chosen as ‘India’s Best Ayurveda Resort’ and honoured with "HALL OF FAME" (by Government of India).
- Six-time winner of ‘Kerala State’s Best Ayurveda Resort’ title (by Government of Kerala).
- Medicines used at Somatheeram are manufactured in own GMP licensed Medicine manufacturing unit.
- Medicines manufactured from own garden of medicinal herbs and plants.
- An eco-friendly venture that promotes local communities and crafts.
- 24/7 resident doctors.The best possible ambience for Ayurvedic treatments.
- Individual diet plans charted by experts.
- Expert Doctors and Therapist.
The Ayurvedic Hospital and Research Centre at Somatheeram has:
- 20 well- experienced Ayurvedic doctors
- 90 Therapists with special training in administering Ayurvedic treatment
- 24 massage rooms, five treatment rooms
- Facilities available for dhara oil dip and herbal steam & bath
- Medicine Manufacturing Unit, Herbal Garden and an Ayurveda Academy
What is included in the tour
Shanti Yoga Retreat - Classic Hatha Yoga Retreat package
- Interpreter for German, Italian, French and Russian languages
- Accommodation for 7 nights or more as per the chosen package and room category
- Full board Ayurveda vegetarian cuisine to improve the health
- Airport transfers from Trivandrum Airport (IRV)
- Daily yoga and meditation - two sessions a day
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight tickets (optional & chargeable basis).
- Visa (optional & chargeable basis).
- Meals and activities not mentioned in inclusions.
- Personal Expenses.
- Learn unique yoga asanas, pranayama and meditation techniques that enhance your flexibility, stamina and health.
- Experience freshness and vigor with every breath and cleanse yourself from all your accumulated stress.
- Take home a relaxed, healthier and happier you with easy-to-use tools that maintain wellness for lifelong.
- Yogic/ Ayurveda and Satvic vegetarian cuisine to improve your health.
- Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda workshops and Cooking demonstration.
Given below is a tentative schedule followed every day of your stay at the Resort. Exact plan will be briefed to you once you arrive at the Resort.
- Wake up
- Self Meditation/Initial Relaxation in the morning
- Sukshma Vyayama
- Introduction & Practice - Traditional Hatha Yoga Asanas, Pranayama
- Yogic/ Satvic Vegetarian Breakfast
- Yogic/ Satvic Vegetarian Lunch
- Traditional Hatha Yoga Asana Practice, Pranayama, Meditation.
- Satvic/Yogic Vegetarian Dinner
- Bed Time