11 places to visit / things to do in your New Zealand Honeymoon Tour Package
Rotorua - a geothermal magic
Situated on a volcanic plateau, Rotorua has one of the most amazing fields of geothermal activity. In Rotorua as part of New Zealand tour, you can see hissing natural geysers, lakes full of steams and boiling mud pools. Interesting, isn’t it! Also witness the fumaroles and silica terraces displaying amazing colours at the various thermal parks. These are not the only things Rotorua has to offer. Come see nature at its best with New Zealand honeymoon package.
Amazing cultural performances
Maori culture is an integral part of New Zealand lilfe. You will surely love experiencing the Maori Cultural performance and a “Hangi” feast cooked in earth ovens as part of your New Zealand itinerary.
Milford Sound Cruise
Be in awe of the dramatic scenery as you cruise the natural wonder of Milford Sound this New Zealand tour has to offer, on a day or overnight cruise. Take in the towering cliffs, peaks and the iconic Mitre Peak rises more than a kilometre straight out of sea.
Lord of the rings and Hobbitton
View some of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit filming locations Matamat, Wellington, Nelson, Canterbury, the Southern Lakes and Fiordland. Discover the golden plains, towering mountains and enchanting valleys of Middle - Earth.
Wine regions for the wine lovers (and others too!)
Tour the best wine regions in New Zealand with our New Zealand honeymoon tour packages. Travel to Waiheke Island near Auckland in the north. Or choose to go to Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa region if you are staying in Wellington. Malborough or Central Otago are key wine attractions near the Southern cities of New Zealand, namely, Christchurch and Queenstown.
Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers
Take a guided walk on glacier ice at Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers as part of your New Zealand holidays. Alternatively, take a helicopter flight over the stunning region and see the amazing colours of the ice-flow from above.
Waitangi Treaty Grounds
Visit the historical Waitangi Treaty Grounds in the Bay of Islands and hear the stories and history that shaped New Zealand. This will surely further enhance your overall experience of New Zealand and provide a Philip to your tour. You can witness an authentic Kapa Haka performance, see the carved meeting house and wander through the beautiful grounds.
As part of your travel to New Zealand, visit Kaikoura in the South Island to see Sperm Whales, the largest of the toothed whales which can be seen year - round. You may also witness Orcas from December to March and Humpbacks in June and July. There are several dolphin species which also can be seen daily in the area.
Accessible riding trails and tracks are near most cities and towns. The 23 Great Rides of New Zealand introduces Cyclists to nature, national parks and constantly - changing scenery.
Walking and hiking
Walking and hiking are the most rewarding ways to see New Zealand’s beautiful landscapes and vast wilderness areas during your New Zealand adventure. Hike one of the Nine Great Walks of New Zealand,including The Kepler,Routerburn,Milford and Abal Tasman Coastal Tracks. Trek from three to five days or hike the famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing in a day.
Visit Te Papa, the country’s national museum in Willington and get an insight into New Zealand’s past and present. Learn about it’s unique environment and discover the Maori history, its people and culture during your New Zealand Tour.
What is included in the tour
- Return flights from India to New Zealand
- Intercity flights within New Zealand
- 3 nights stay in Auckland City Hotel (3*) or similar, Auckland (New Zealand)
- 2 nights stay in Ibis Christchurch Hotel (3*) or similar, Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 3 nights stay in Ramada (4*) / Copthorne Lake Front (4*) or similar, Queenstown (New Zealand)
- Breakfasts at the hotel
- Auckland - Half day tour of Waiheke Island
- Auckland - Day tour of Waitomo Glowworm Caves & Rotorua Sights
- Queenstown - Gondola Dinner and Star Gazing
- Queenstown - Milford Sound Excursion including Cruise
- Queenstown - Safari of the scenes
- Queenstown - Mt Cook Excursion en route to Christchurch / Queenstown
- Christchurch - Grand tour of Christchurch
- Transfers to and from Airport and Hotel as per itinerary
- One - time New Zealand Visa fees
- Travel insurance policy with trip inconvenience cover
What is NOT included in the tour
- Portages at hotels, airport and Sea Port.
- Tips for the driver, local guide, all meals inside & outside of hotels.
- Water & drinks during meals.
- Personal expenses during the trip
- Any item that is not indicated in the above program.
- All extra services.
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any additional costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Handpicked 3/4* hotels in City - Centre.
- Maximum Inclusions & no hidden / optional / extra charges.
- Fully - Customizable as per your wish
- 4 New Zealand cities covered at leisure in 08 Nights & 09 Days .Travel is planned in a manner that you will be able to soak in the spirit of the place, cover all attractions and relax too.
- From flights to visa, from sightseeing to transfers, we have taken care of everything so all you need to is ENJOY.
- Best price guarantee - Despite of premium inclusions, we are offering you the best value for your money.
- GoGanges assurance of quality.
Day 1: Arrive at Auckland
- You will be transferred from airport to hotel.Relax and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Your tours will begin from next day.
- Overnight in Auckland.
Day 2: Auckland - Waiheke Island Tour
- Today, post breakfast, we will take you for a half day tour of Waiheke Island.
- Walk up to Pier 2 at the Auckland Ferry Terminal at 99 Quay Street and board your Fullers vessel at 09:00 AM to commence a half day Waiheke Island Explorer Tour. A 40 minute cruise takes you across the Hauraki Gulf to Matiatia Wharf on Waiheke Island. On arrival at Matiatia Wharf, your friendly local driver will greet you as you leave the ferry and direct you to your coach. Throughout the tour, you will learn about the islands history and culture. See Waihekeas most stunning coastal vistas, as well as some of the island's hottest properties; you'll pass beautiful hillside vineyards, look down on sweeping sandy beaches and get a real insider view of island life. When the tour is over you can take advantage of the complimentary All Day Bus Pass allowing you to further explore the island on the scheduled bus services at your own pace or either return to a location visited on the tour. Return to Matiatia Wharf and board the return ferry for Auckland on the regular 1:00pm, 2:00pm or 3:00pm Fullers ferry service (time depends on when the tour commenced). Tour concludes approximately 3 hours 30 minutes after commencement, back at the Auckland Ferry Terminal. From there, you can walk back to your hotel or explore Auckland on your own.
- Overnight in Auckland.
Day 3: Auckland - Waitomo Glowworm Caves & Rotorua Sights
- Today post breakfast, we will take you for a tour of Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Rotorua Sights
A vehicle will pick you up from your central city accommodation for your transfer to the Sky City Coach Terminal, 102 Hobson Street, Auckland Central, the departure point of your tour. At 7:30am join your coach to commence a full day return tour to Waitomo and Rotorua. Depart Auckland and travel through lush Waikato farmland. On arrival in the small town of Waitomo, partake in a guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves with amazing stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone formations. Finish with a silent boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - a subterranean cavern lit up by the lights of thousands of tiny glowworms. Lunch is provided during the journey from Waitomo to Rotorua. On the outskirts of Rotorua sits the Agrodome, where you will take a tour of an organic working farm, watch sheep being shorn and view a live sheep dog trial. Next stop is Te Puia, where you will enjoy a Maori cultural performance with song, dance, poi and stick games, followed by a guided tour of the bubbling mudpools and active geysers of Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley and a visit to Te Puia's woodcarving and weaving schools. Participants then re-board the coach for the return journey to Auckland. Tour concludes at approximately 8:10pm, at which time accommodation drop offs will commence..
Overnight in Auckland.
Day 4: Auckland to Queenstown and Skyline Gondola, Dinner and Stargazing
- Today , post breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to next Kiwi City.
- Reach Queenstown and you will be transferred to your accommodation.In the evening, we will take you for a ride of Skyline Gondola, dinner and Stargazing tour.
- Queenstown's town centre is compact and getting around is best by foot. As you explore, breathaking view are never more than a few paces away.This evening sit back in your skyline Gondola and enjoy a spectacular 220 degree panorama, with breathtaking views of Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Walter Peak, Cecil Peak and over Queenstown. Enjoy a wonderful New Zealand buffet in the skyline restaurant. Further into the evening, top of the line telescopes give stargazers the chance to view an amazing array of stunning Southern Hemispher sights, in Queenstown's clear unpolluted skies. Return to your hotel and spend the night full of beautiful dreams.
- Overnight in Queenstown.
Day 5: Queenstown - Milford Sound Cruise
- Today, post breakfast, we will take you for Milford Sound Cruise.
A Great Sights vehicle will pick you up from your city accommodation for your transfer to the Athol Street Car Park, Queenstown, the departure point of your tour. At 7:20am join your coach to commence a full day tour into the heart of Milford Sound. This is an unforgettable journey in which you'll experience the world - famous fjord - rich in dense rainforest, glacier carved valleys and beautiful waterfalls. Journey across the Southern Alps, take photos of the stunning Mirror Lakes, uncover Eglinton Valley, a place of ancient alpine forest and gushing waterfalls, and then travel deep into the Homer Tunnel, a 1.2km tunnel drilled through solid rock before walking across The Chasm. At the deep waters of Milford Sound, board your Southern Discoveries Scenic Cruise. See the wonders of Mitre Peak, glacier-scarred rock walls and waterfalls that tumble through valleys and crash into the sea far below. After your cruise, return to Queenstown by coach. Tour concludes at approximately 7:45pm, at which time accommodation drop offs will commence.
Overnight in Queenstown.
Day 06: Queenstown - Safari of the Scenes
- Today, post breakfast, we will take you for a tour of Safari of the Scenes.
- A Safaris vehicle will pick you up from your accommodation for your transfer to downtown Queenstown, the departure point of your tour. At either 8.15am or 1.30pm join your vehicle to commence a half day sightseeing tour for Lord of the Rings fans that really does take you There and Back Again' and includes recognisable film locations and stunning natural scenery. The tour first takes you from Queenstown out to Glenorchy, stopping at breath-taking viewpoints along the way. Beyond Glenorchy follow the Dart River to the spectacular filming location for Isengard. This location offers stunning views of Mt Earnslaw. Heading on to Paradise, discover the location for the Forest of Lothlorien. Upon leaving Glenorchy and returning towards Queenstown you will stop at 12 Mile Delta to explore the location of the Ithilien Camp. The tour also includes locations from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Tour concludes at approximately 12.15pm-12.30pm or 5.45pm, at which time accommodation drop offs will commence.
- Overnight in Queenstown.
Day 07: Queenstown to Christchurch via Mount Cook
- Today, post breakfast, enjoy the beautiful sights of Mt Cook in a day tour and in the end you will be dropped at Christchurch.
- A vehicle will pick you up from your Queenstown accommodation (around 08:00 AM) for your transfer to The Station Information Centre, Corner Shotover and Camp St, Queenstown, the departure point of your tour. At 8:00am, join your luxury coach to commence a full day tour to Christchurch. The tour departs Queenstown in the morning and travels through ruggedly beautiful landscape and over the Lindis Pass before venturing into the Mackenzie Country. Enter the amazing Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park, home to New Zealand's highest mountain. After a stop for lunch (at own expense) in Mt Cook Village and a chance to enjoy the amazing alpine scenery, the afternoon is spent travelling past Lake Pukaki and on to Lake Tekapo, and catch a view at the solitary Church of the Good Shepherd and take in the sights of the spectacular Southern Alps mountain range. Continue through the diverse farmland of the Canterbury Plains before arriving in Christchurch. Tour concludes at approximately 6:55pm, at which time accommodation drop offs will commence.
- Overnight in Christchurch.
Day 08: Christchurch - The Grand Christchurch Tour
- Today, post breakfast, you can spend your day enjoying the many attractions Christchurch has to offer
Board this luxury coach (around 09:00 AM) for an interactive and fun guided tour of Christchurch. Experience the best Christchurch has to offer; beautiful parks and gardens, quaint seaside suburbs and superb views of the city and surrounds. Your tour guide explains about the plans for the rejuvenation of the city following the major earthquakes of 2010 and 2011, and also includes Christchurch's four premium attractions Punting on the Avon, the Tram, the Gondola and the Botanic Gardens Tour. It's the very best way to enjoy Christchurch in a convenient way.
Tram City Tour:
The Christchurch Tram enables customers to step back in time to a grand era of transport.
The Christchurch Tram is a unique, elegant and environmentally friendly way to see the city. Allow yourself to be taken around the must see' central attractions get on and off as you please at any of the 17 stops including New Regent Street, Cathedral Junction, Avon River, Canterbury Museum, Botanical Gardens and many more. A full circuit takes 50 minutes and the Trams run approximately every 8 minutes in summer and 15 minutes in winter. Included is commentary from your local guide. The Tram pass is valid for one calendar day only. Open 9am 6pm in summer and 10am 5pm in winter.
The Christchurch Gondola is situated on the Port Hills of Christchurch City. The Summit Station of the Gondola provides spectacular panoramic 360-degree views from its elevation sitting on Mt Cavendish. The Gondola is located on the edge of Christchurch just 15 minutes by vehicle from the heart of the city. Each cabin can seat four people. 440 people can travel from the base station to the top in one hour. Ride to the top takes approximately 10 minutes. Open daily except for 25th December, 10am 5pm. Attractions at the Summit Station include: Red Rock Café (fully licensed, accommodates 120 Pax), Time Tunnel a six-minute entertaining ride on an electric cart which takes you back in time through the history of the local area, walking tracks and 360-degree views. Shuttle service available from Rolleston Avenue (outside the Canterbury Museum) departing at 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased directly from the driver (a free return Shuttle ticket is included in the Christchurch Pass) .
Punting on the Avon:
Punting on the Avon offers authentic punt rides along the Avon River and has been one of Christchurch's iconic attractions since 1986. An Edwardian-attired punter will guide you on board a classic punt quietly past trailing willows, woodlands and the leafy banks of the Botanic Gardens; through the re-building city centre of Christchurch; or through the tranquil scenic reserve of Mona Vale Homestead and Gardens. 30-minute shared ride or 45-minute private rides. Blankets, hot water bottles (winter only) and large umbrellas are available. Open 365 days a year at the Park landing site. Punting and Devonshire Tea or Karewa High Tea Packages are available at the Mona Vale landing site.
The Botanic Gardens Tour:
The Botanic Gardens Tour offers informative and fully guided electric shuttle tours through Christchurch's spectacular Botanic Gardens. Established in 1863, the 75 acre gardens host the finest collection of exotic and indigenous plants to be found anywhere in New Zealand. The Botanic Gardens Tour allows visitors to discover the natural beauty, history and culture of this central city oasis while at the same time being taken around the gardens in comfort and style in any weather. The ticket is valid for one journey which takes approximately one hour. The three electric and solar powered vehicles are environmentally and wheel-chair friendly.
- Overnight in Christchurch.
Day 09: Fly back
- It's time to bid adieu to these beautiful cities of New Zealand. At the scheduled time, you will be transferred to Airport for your flight back to India. Carry home wonderful memories of the tour.