Somatheeram Ayurveda Group is regarded as the trailblazer of Ayurveda tourism and the premier provider of authentic experiences of this ancient form of medicine in India . The group's first resort, the Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort in Chowara in the south of the Indian state of Kerala, was established back in 1985 and was the first successful realisation of a medical wellness concept in the sphere of Ayurveda. In addition to Somatheeram, the group's portfolio includes the sister resort Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village (also in Chowara) .
Manaltheeram Ayurvedic Hospital & Research Centre, located at about 9 kms from Kovalam and 21 kms from Trivandrum city, is located along the inclines of a hill overlooking the sea. A sister concern of the famous Somatheeram Research Institute & Ayurveda Hospital, Manaltheeram offers an extravaganza for the body,mind and soul.First and foremost, visiting this beautiful place presents an opportunity to take advantage of Ayurveda, an ancient medical practice followed in India. With its specially prescribed massages and therapies all the stress and worry will simply wash away. Manaltheeram also provides therapies which are effective in treating various conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, paralysis and many more.
Yoga, the art of reflecting and understanding is something which every individual should know and learn about. Manaltheeram conducts classes on Yoga in an effort to heal the soul as well, thus completing the healing process set in motion by an Ayurvedic treatment.
Thatched villas, traditional Kerala style houses, garden cottages, Deluxe suites- there is a lot of variety in the accommodation available at Manaltheeram. While giving the relish of a village life, they are all well provided with modern facilities to make for a comfy and wanna buy untroubled holiday.
Shoe flowers, ixoras, marigolds as well as coconut palms adorning the gardens are a delight to perceive and an added glory to Manaltheeram. The many rare herbs in the garden are well preserved for use in medicines and other preparations.
The open air restaurant at Manaltheeram with its wicker chairs, lawns and paved paths is designed to keep up with the whole ambience and theme of Manaltheeram. Do best, at our company sale it cheap. Delectable food is a specialty at Manaltheeram with its choice of about 250 vegetarian dishes, raw salads and juices. Cultural performances and other programmes are held for entertainment.
All told, Manaltheeram is the one place where you will enjoy every minute of your holiday and yearn for more.
Fact File :
|Location||:||Trivandrum, Kerala, India (9 km south of Kovalam Beach)|
|Accommodation||:||Standard Rooms, Cottages and Kerala Houses (A.C. and non A.C.)|
|Nearest International Airport||:||Trivandrum (21 kms)|
- Accredited with NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care providers.
- Accredited with Green Leaf (Government of Kerala).
- Ayurveda SPA Europe certificate (European Audit Institute Wellness & SPS e.V. - Germany).
- Quality Management System by British Standard Institution (ISO 9001:2015)
- Medicines used at Manaltheeram are manufactured in own GMP licensed Medicine manufacturing unit.
- Medicines manufactured from own garden of medicinal herbs and plants.
- An eco-friendly venture that promotes local communities and crafts.
- 24/7 resident doctors.The best possible ambience for Ayurvedic treatments.
- Individual diet plans charted by experts.
- Expert Doctors and Therapist.
The Manaltheeram Ayurvedic Hospital and Research Centre has:
- 13 well- experienced Ayurvedic doctors headed by Dty. Chief Physican Dr. Madhuri**.
- 60 Therapists with special training in administering Ayurvedic treatment.
- 24 ayurveda treatment rooms (6 of them beneath the palm trees).
- Facilities available for dhara oil dip and herbal steam & bath.
- Medicine Manufacturing Unit, Herbal Garden and an Ayurveda Academy
** Dr. Madhuri was formerly the Deputy Director of Ayurveda, Govt of Kerala, with 45+ years of experience.
What is included in the tour
Shanti Yoga Retreat - Classic Hatha Yoga Retreat package
- Interpreter for German, Italian, French and Russian languages
- Accommodation for 7 nights or more as per the chosen package and room category
- Full board Ayurveda vegetarian cuisine to improve the health
- Airport transfers from Trivandrum Airport (IRV)
- Daily yoga and meditation - two sessions a day
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight tickets (optional & chargeable basis).
- Visa (optional & chargeable basis).
- Meals and activities not mentioned in inclusions.
- Personal Expenses.
- Learn unique yoga asanas, pranayama and meditation techniques that enhance your flexibility, stamina and health.
- Experience freshness and vigor with every breath and cleanse yourself from all your accumulated stress.
- Take home a relaxed, healthier and happier you with easy-to-use tools that maintain wellness for lifelong.
- Yogic/ Ayurveda and Satvic vegetarian cuisine to improve your health.
- Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda workshops and Cooking demonstration.
Given below is a tentative schedule followed every day of your stay at the Resort. Exact plan will be briefed to you once you arrive at the Resort.
- Wake up
- Self Meditation/Initial Relaxation in the morning
- Sukshma Vyayama
- Introduction & Practice - Traditional Hatha Yoga Asanas, Pranayama
- Yogic/ Satvic Vegetarian Breakfast
- Yogic/ Satvic Vegetarian Lunch
- Traditional Hatha Yoga Asana Practice, Pranayama, Meditation.
- Satvic/Yogic Vegetarian Dinner
- Bed Time