India’s ancient science of healing is at a conservative estimate, about five thousand years old. It is purely herbal based, its medication made from the roots, the leaves, the sap or even the bark of a tree; from small shrubs and weeds; from spices and their extracts. And sometimes even from precious metals administered in powdered form. No chemicals are used. So there are no harmful or painful side effects.
At CGH Earth they offer Ayurveda to enhance the quality of life by drawing upon the essence of nature. They have wonderful customized treatments administered by experienced physician and trained masseurs and masseuses. You can choose from the various treatment packages available on this website.
Location: Located in Thekkady, Kerala approximately 150 kilometers from Cochin is a tribal village set in a spice garden.
Fact File :
|Location||:||Thekkady, Kumily, Kerala, India|
|Accommodation||:||Spice Garden Cottage, Deluxe Cottage with private garden|
|Temperature||:||25 - 32º C|
|Nearest International Airport||:||Kochi (COK) (~150 kms) / ~ 4 hrs 15 mns (direct flights from Delhi and many other airports)|
Why CGH Earth - Spice Village?
- An Ayurveda Retreat set in a spice garden in the cool highlands of Periyar in Thekkady.
- Has been awarded "Best Environment Practices Award" in 1919-20 and numerous other awards for "Best 4* hotel".
- Experience a rare showcase of diversity - You may encounter 97 species of butterflies, 350 species of endemic plants, 3 varieties of turtles, 10 types of frogs and around 80 species of birds depending on the season.
- Stay at a CGH Earth Property , one of the oldest Hospitality Companies of Kerala.
- A resort designed like a village that offers you all the comforts of a city minus the noise, pollution and other urban ills.
- Go for a walk to experience ~140 varieties of plants native to the region.
- High quality Villas to create unique Wellness Experience.
- Enjoy luxurious, delicious and healthy dining with fresh produce.
- Experience the diverse flora and fauna and ~ 200 species of trees, the malabar squirrel and the guniea fowl to name a few.
- Fully Sustainable Property - From bio-gas produced with kitchen leftovers, to recycled waste water, our practices are designed to be eco-friendly.
CGH Earth - Spice Village has:
- All its cottages with roofs thatched with dry elephant grass, constructed using a technique practiced by the Mannan Tribe.
- A oxygenated pool to refresh yourself.
- An organic garden for a fresh meal.
- Extensive range of luxurious Herbal Massages and Therapies.
- A tiger club with extensive library and documentaries to spend a lazy afternoon.
- Yoga center to keep you fit.
- Sporting facilities to play badminton, tennis and other brisk activities at the retreat.
What is included in the tour
- Pre booking chat over phone to help you decide the right package
- Accommodation for 7 nights or more as per the chosen package and room category.
- Ayurveda cuisine - Healthy Breakfast,Lunch and Dinners
- Ayurveda Doctor Consultation.
- Uzhichil With Swedanam (1 hr 15 mns) - 1 session during the stay
- Rasayana Uzhichil (1 hr 45 mns) - 3 sessions during the stay
- Ellakithirummu - (2 hrs) - 2 sessions during the stay
- Sirodhara (1 hr) - 1 session during the stay
- Kizhi (1 hr) - 3 sessions during the stay
- Njavarakizhi ( 1 hr) - 2 sessions during the stay
- Pizhichil (1 hr 15 mns) - 2 sessions during the stay
- Airport transfers from Cochin Airport (COK).
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight tickets (optional & chargeable basis).
- Visa (optional & chargeable basis).
- Meals and activities not mentioned in inclusions.
- Personal Expenses.
- Interpreter for Non - English / Non - Hindi languages available for groups (optional & chargeable basis).
- Experience Rejuvenation, vitality and cool mind.
- Stimulate the nervous system / Enhance muscle health.
- Encourage a balanced sleep cycle.
- Relieves muscular pains / joint pains.
- Improve overall health and fitness by ageing reduction of cells and tissues.
- Packages for 14 / 21 days also available as per requirement and doctor's advice and include the following -
- Udwarthanam - Manage weight loss
- Muttakizhi - Therapeutic Massages
- Mukhakanthi Lepam / Mukha Lepam - Exclusive facials
Given below is a tentative schedule followed every day of your stay at the Resort. Exact plan will be briefed to you once you arrive at the Resort.
- Wake up
- Yoga Asanas
- Buffet Breakfast
- Ayurvedic treatment (as per plan)
- Ayurveda Lunch
- Enjoy a sport or two
- Take a dip in the pool
- Ayurveda Dinner
- Bed Time